Thursday, November 12, 2009

LAPCATS

The new avatar is a piece that was nicknamed LAPCATS by Linda Hibbert whose quilting signature is all over it!  This quilt was created to raise money for a local animal shelter.  It hasn't been auctioned yet, but I suspect that it will be instrumental in the fund drive as it is quite remarkable (if I do say so myself!).  The patterns are all Linda's and can be purchased through her site.  Two of my quilter friends each did a block and I embellished the borders with hundreds of drop beads.  It was really difficult to let this one go!

It received a little attention at a local quilt show.  For the most part, my quilts are not well received locally.  It's a mystery to me.  There are so few people doing the paper piecing in this area - the judges just skim over my entries.  Maybe they don't consider mine to be "real" quilting - what IS real quiltmaking?  Would these older blocks qualify?



2 comments:

Bea said...

I just can't imagine why they'd skip over your stuff. I think you do really lovely work.

Adam said...

Good work done!Artworks have an aesthetic appearance. They project to the treasures of the earth.