Sunday, October 4, 2009

STUCK ON THE LOOKING GLASS

First of all, it needs to be said.  Wherever The Bean goes, flowers follow.  These delectable roses appeared yesterday - someone misses my child.  No surprise there.  I am already struggling with that sense of dread that accompanies her departure.  I want to gather her to me and hold her close and breathe the magic word into her ear- the one that would have her packing her bags and returning home.  I have issues.  Believe me, I am hyper-aware of this.


There has been knitting.  I have been really enjoying The Looking Glass sweater - remembering now what it was that I loved so much about stranded knitting... the rhythm, the quiet emergence of surprising color, the eagerness to discover what would be next.  Pleasure knitting.

I'm using a Noro sock yarn along with the Cascade Venezia in worsted weight.  This is a surprising yarn - very strong and glossy - not something that I might normally choose.  If I break my 'no repeat' rule, I am thinking that one of the Briar Rose fibers would be excellent - I'd like to see some variegated goodness emerging.  Let's be honest here - when is it EVER not the right time to use 'Grandma's Blessing'?!!!  Chris's booth is my first stop at Sheep and Wool.  I park my car and burn a path directly to her tent!  After I have pawed over her succulent offerings, I can relax and view the rest of the show!


I promised Halloween goodies.  Enjoy!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you chose for your Looking Glass. I'm about to start the sleeves on mine. It's a great pattern!

Paulina said...

I am so amazed at your quilting. I have been struggling with a piece for three days and managed to get it done today for work. I will be posting it with all the trials and tribulations. You would have known just what to do. But I am such a postulant. And if it were not for the little plastic hook, I would swear this prince dog of your was trying to entice me with a cookie~~~ Hey babe, how 'bout a night dancin with the darlin'! Come on, you know you wanna.....

innanyc1 said...

Lovely!good artwork.Artworks reflect the innermost emotions and inspirations.Artworks are available in diffferent colors and in wonderful styles in a great website.