Tuesday, October 27, 2009

SOCKS

Remember those Bed Socks that Patty made for my birthday?  Here is an image, and I just wish that you could reach in and touch these lovelies because they are THAT soft and delicious ... thank you Patty, you are the best.

Made from an alpaca and merino blend that she found at Sheep & Wool last year - really special and appreciated!  I love socks.  I really enjoy what you are all making out there in Sock Land.  My fantasy is to open my sock drawer on any given day to glimpse DOZENS of pairs of hand knitted socks.  It never happens.  Here is a pic of the last pair that I started ...

Fantastic fiber, exceptional design .... what the heck?


I need help.  Inspiration.  Buds to knit socks with.  I feel lonely!  Alone with my knitting - an island. Does anyone out there have advice - some kind of formula that will help me to move forward and beyond this sock block?  When I look at Miss Baa Baa Blacksheep's blog, I swoon.  She is THAT good.  I am not worthy ...


I have another piece of knitting that I am working on - it is Anne Hanson's 'Hillflowers' and I am knitting it in Briar Rose delicious-nessssss...


There are many many fibers out there to choose from, but I must say that Chris's fibers are really spectacular - in every way.  Not only are they incredible to work on, but the colors are dreamy and the fiber smells amazing!!!!  It really does - it is a total turn on.  You know what I'm talking about!  Non-commercial yarn is sensual.  Am I wrong?



This is what I have - what I will continue to strive toward - that, and making (completing) SOCKS!

4 comments:

Paulina said...

That beautiful pair of pale socks ~ I just want to come home to. I am going to get some yarn and make myself a pair. I'll use the money from my knitting class. Makes sense. What joy the foot that rests within. I keep asking "why is everyone always knitting socks? There is more to life than socks you know! Well, here I go - I am going to knit yet another pair of socks! I am warmly inspired.

Bea said...

I'm planning to take a picture of my sock drawer just for you. I just have to actually wash all the dirty socks first or it'll look pretty empty. With yarn as variagted as yours I'd probably just do plain socks and hope for some color pooling.

I like your hillflowers. I have yet to get my hands on any briar rose but all I hear is good things about all their yarns.

Bea said...

Oh! We could organize a little Sock Knit Along so you don't have to knit alone :) I promise not to knit at warp speed!

Jody said...

BEA, you are a sweet woman, but do you even KNOW how NOT to knit at warp speed????
xoxoxox