Wednesday, February 29, 2012

work as love

A snow day - devotional.  I spent hours sewing, creating, taking brisk walks to the bird feeders and throwing snowballs at a goofy knucklehead dog.  His test results revealed a form of Lymes disease and he is taking his gigantic pills in his usual good-natured way.  The pain killers really loosen him up and reveal his dorky side.  At one point this afternoon I came downstairs to find him asleep on his back, all four paws in the air.  He was snoring to beat the band!


 It was a good day to address washing and blocking -

This is SMC's 'Down To Earth Cotton' and I really like it.  The fiber has a creaminess to it that one seldom experiences in natural cotton.  It's certified organically grown and dyed - I like that it feels smooshie and perfect for a baby's tender skin.  
Packing a box to send to a friend - making new bags with vintage 'aprons' -
These activities, this 'work' energized and delighted and filled me with optimism today.  I was completely tuned into my inner world, so transformed that the fading light caught me by surprise, I'd lost track of the hours.  This, I think, is the essence of work = love.  

4 comments:

Delisa said...

Hi Jody! I hope you are having a nice friday afternoon. I am so glad to hear that the vet found the answer to Harley's problems, and that he has something for the pain. I sure hope he gets to feeling better and is back to his old self real soon. Barkley is back to normal now. It is so good to hear him squeaking on his toys again and have him following me from room to room around the house!

Your projects are so beautiful. The baby sweater is an heirloom! I also love the idea of wrapping presents in vintage aprons. Your quilting is also wonderful, I love the orange and sea blue combinations. I would love to go to the ocean too. It would be so soothing to hear the waves, smell the sea, and watch the birds diving over the shore. It is so special when the hours fly by and you lose all sense of time working on a project. I love it when that happens. How nice that you guys have some snow to play in! It was so warm and mild here today, unusually so. I'm not quite ready for Spring to begin, I miss not having any winter this year. I had to smile when I visualized Harley dodging the snowballs! Please give him a big hug for me and have a fun friday evening! Delisa :)

Cheryl said...

Goodness! What a busy day. I love the vintage apron to bag. It looks lovely. I'm glad you dog is getting treatment. Horrible thing to catch.

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

Your doggie has Lyme? I am so sorry! I envy you the snow day - oh, not the SNOW - just the day. I'd love one right about now. Guess I'll just have to call in sick instead so I can get some embroidery done. Have a good weekend!

Paulina said...

What a lovely bag, Jody. I say it all the time. Fiber artists never ever have enough bags and baskets. Is this not true? And also, we love our coffee and tea cups.