Friday, February 10, 2012

beautiful beads

My daughter and I went to Janice's extraordinary store - I Dream Of Beading.  It really is a treasure trove for creative beady sorts - and I've never left without renewed inspiration in a little green bag.  
We'll be creating our own beaded leather wrapped bracelets!!!!  I can hardly wait to get started.  Hilary and I must have been on the same wave length yesterday as we picked out very similar colors for our bracelets.  We both love the ocean and all of the shades that imitate the waves and the water, the sky.  Sometimes, when reality is a bit too harsh or overwhelming, I close my eyes and imagine that I am on the shore - walking barefoot in the sand, searching for sea glass.  
Spending time in the bead shop is therapeutic - it has the propensity to lift me from my winter inertia - cleansing, restorative.
I have been contemplating this bead for a long time.  
I'm waiting for it to reveal its purpose, but there is no conversation, instead - a distinct monologue.  Patience.  
Can you see the green grass beneath this tree?  The so-called "winter" of 2011-2012 has been a bust.  I'm sure that you are weary of my lack-of-snow sniveling.  I know that I whine about it entirely too much.  But I feel CHEATED, dammit.
It's FEBRUARY for crying out loud!
So why is Bubbha wearing shades?

3 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Lack of snow sniveling....what a great phrase....I am still chuckling. Come and visit me; we are getting snow now--about 3 inches so far today.

Bubbha is just too cute in those shades.

I think the beaded leather wrapped bracelets sound like a wonderful project for getting rid of the February funk. I can't wait to see it finished.

Suz said...

beads can be addictive
I have granddog who is a bulldog
Dutch..I think they are the cutest

Paulina said...

I have been seeing this bracelet in a couple of catalogs and it is expensive. i know it can be made so easily. If I had my beads here I would be making them too. I would be using lots of colors and experimenting with sizes of beads too. You know me, I love delicate. I still haven't found my button stash here. I have a million buttons but they haven't found me.