Saturday, February 12, 2011

avoiding housework

Avoiding Housework is my forte.  I've transformed this discipline into a fine art!  I'm considering offering online lessons - free of charge!  One of the most valuable aids in avoidance is the Hobby/Craft/Fiber Obsession tool.  If you have it, you always have an excuse ace in the hole.  Do you love to sew?  To knit?  To bead or paint or draw - to write or quilt, etc?  You've just passed the course with flying colors! 
And one more tip - it always helps if you splurge on containers for your tools - baskets, plastic bins, boxes, shelves, etc.  You want to be able to SEE your tools if and when the housework calls to you!  Avoidance only works when you are properly equipped for dangerous moments!
Hoping to get to the quilt shop today to find a valentine-y backing for this piece.  My red collection is dangerously low and needs infusion.  Infusion is different than acquisition.  Don't ask.
I took this image the other day before I backed this little piece.  Love is like this - full of light and shadows and especially difficult at times to see.  If you believe in it, truly and fully, sometimes it comes into view.   I am learning  that love does not bend to demands or wagers, or any kind of trickery.  In its authentic form it never leaves - it dwells within and shows itself in its own time.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have my degree in housework avoidance too! I think there is a huge group of us too..........

JelliDonut said...

Housework? What housework?

Diana LaMarre said...

After one reaches a certain age, one realizes that creating is way more important than housework! Although I tend to let mine go way too long the past few years. I really, really should be scrubbing floors, but I am reading blogs instead--much more fun!

MeinSie said...

so delighted with your show and tell - and you do it so creatively - both the showing and the telling!