Wednesday, June 2, 2010

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY (almost)




I feel as though I MUST comment on my old friend, my stand-in, my faithful Bernina Record.  I bought this machine in 1974 and it was BRAND NEW!  I thought that I had died and gone to heaven after learning to sew on my grandmother's Featherweight (which gave me electrical shocks!)  The Bernina 830 has been the most  reliable machine that I have experienced - far eclipsing my newer Bernina which is currently in repair,again.  I'm thinking about taking the 830 in for a good rubdown and overhaul - it deserves that.  I'm remembering all of the features that I loved about it all of those years that we spent together!  Do you have an old machine that you cannot bear to part with?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum and fun!

kate said...

So funny that you too have an old faithful! |My new Bernina doesn't hold a candle to my 30 year old Kenmore from Sears way back in the day. And yes, I do periodically treat it to a lovely tune-up and it serves me well and faithfully year after year. When I packed my craft room away when DD1 returned to the roost, it was the Kenmore that stayed set up for quick repairs and mini-projects. A faithful friend indeed!

Kay said...

I also bought the Bernina 830 back in the 70's and thought I had died and gone to heaven! It was hearts and flowers every time I sat down to sew. I still have it and I have to admit, I like it so much better than the 640 I bought two years ago - the stitch quality on the 830 is perfection! What a work horse! I just recently found your blog and I really enjoy reading it. Thanks.

Bea said...

I only have a new bernina. My mom has a kenmore that she's had since she was a teen that is still going strong (though I suspect could probably stand a good rubdown and overhaul...)