Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SNOW DAY

 It began like any other Wednesday ...
Wake up - look off to the eastern sky for a rosy sunrise ...
But the only rosy to be found was on this female cardinal's belly - and she was nervously awaiting her breakfast, as the snow was coming down in earnest.  Miraculously - the College closed its administrative offices - OMG, a PAID day to play!  Thank goodness I am feeling better and don't have to spend the day on the couch.  Again. 




The binding goes quickly on this newest project, and the hand sewing is pure pleasure - interrupted only for some bead play and the occasional letting-out-of-the-dog-to-chase-the-squirrels.  And yellow-fy the new fallen snow!


Is anyone else suffering from chapped hands?  I have cracks in my thumbs the size of a mini bus.  They hurt and very little relieves them.  Any and all suggestions gratefully accepted.
I am coming around the corner on this project.  It's juicy, I love it.  Hope to show you the finished product tomorrow.  Speaking of which- would it be too much to ask for another snow day?  I have to get busy figuring out what I want to knit for the olympics.  I'm thinking about one last February Lady for my friend Linda.   

1 comment:

Bea said...

I love paid days to play. I wish I had them. The goodness that is telecommuting when I have to work extra bites you in the butt on days when the weather is bad. That's ok though. I like what I do so I don't mind doing it everyday. I took pictures this morning of the snow before the dogs yellow-fied it. I'm hoping that there is enough more snow to cover it up. Yuck. They are predicting 3 to 4 inches which is probably a record for February (possibly for ever).

Crapped hands I do have. I pretty much coat them in moisturizer nice and thick and let it slowly sink in. When its done sinking in I coat them in another layer. Repeat every hour. Its not as cold here as there though so mine probably aren't as bad as yours.

Love this new quilt. Very pretty. Can't wait to see the finished piece.