Monday, January 11, 2010

Life has been chaotic and wonderful with the Bean back.  I've decided to cast off these pseudonyms in favor of the names that my loved ones go by - my daughter is Hilary -lovely, yes?  And now you know why the 'H' quilt is such a fun and addictive project for me.

I find myself cutting out H blocks whenever and however I can!  Last night we had a dinner party, and I was in the sewing room piecing a few rows together right up until the last moment - I had to hustle downstairs in order to get the food going!  Luckily for me, Hilary's main squeeze 'Carson' is a real help in the kitchen.  He has spent the last year working in the food industry.  So, while he prepared my fruit salad, I cut a few more blocks out ...



I cannot remember when I have enjoyed a quilt as much as this one.  It's so vivacious - so full of itself ...



My workplace is somewhat dismal - a "garden" level which translates into basement-no windows-poor lighting.  It's especially hard for me, being the gardener that I am - and used to feeling the sun on my face, to spend 7.5 hours in that environment each day.   Walking into the space, casting off one's coat and plopping down in front of the computer always requires a grim effort - and a quick shot of gratitude for at least HAVING a job when so many others are without.  WHY am I talking about this?  Well, I decided that instead of bitching complaining about it, I would DO something about it!!!


You remember that little sojourn to the quilt shop last week?  Something crept into my bag whilst I was wandering the aisles..

and this:

And of course these:

This is a hilarious panel called 'Attitude Girls' and it absolutely defines my office mates.  Later in the week I hope to have something fun to post here that will chase away the winter ho-hums and brighten our work space.

5 comments:

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Your H quilt is so much fun! I love the name Hilary, too. Happy 2010, Jodi! :-)

Anonymous said...

I think I need a pattern for the "H" quilt. After all, my last name starts with "H".

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I wondered who your "H" was. You have some really exciting blocks. I have a whole bunch of strips paired to cut for my second quilt. I think I need to piece an H into the backs of my quilts from now on too.

Bea said...

Love the H blocks. Can't wait to see your work brightener. I've been working on something for my office too. Though I guess I can't say mine is so dismal.

cathleen said...

Those are gorgeous! The colors are so happy!