Tuesday, December 22, 2009

MY CHRISTMAS WISH

It's been really hard to get excited about Christmas this year.  I had to face up to something that I never noticed before - when you move forward into the unknown future, the memories fade, but traces linger and it is that resin, that deposit, that holds you back and makes you hesitate.  I'm not sure how to honor this season without my children and my father present.  We're in a holding pattern.  But I am happy to say that I accomplished two things today: the tree was trimmed with lights, and I placed the Christmas quilt over my bed.


I'm ready to move forward.  Baby steps.

This is my Christmas Wish - Peace. On. Earth.






3 comments:

Paulina said...

I too wish for peace on earth and peace within. It begins within. It is a difficult time for so many. We want to just run away but where to? We are blessed with creative hands. If nothing more, we can seek refuge in to grace of movement before our eyes as we ply our fibers and fingers. Life would be unbearable without these. At times.

The breath of Christmas is upon us. And thank you, a new year begins just following. One ends, one begins. How wonderful.

Bea said...

I think you are doing well to honor the season. These are excellent baby steps. I hope you get your wish if even for just one day...

Will you get to see your kids again soon? We usually do Christmas in April or May with my parents so no one has to travel over this time. The highway between our houses is not the greatest and full of accidents this time of year. Much better to simply wait.

MeinSie said...

I am in a limbo of family-feeling myself...but in creating the gift of the season for others I find myself and float in that peace.