Friday, October 14, 2011

an untimely cold bug

Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool cometh (tomorrow) and I have a cold, sore throat, misery.
But I refuse to be kept down.  Tonight I will put aside my non-pharmaceutical convictions and take the night time cold remedy.  I'll be good and ready to walk the fairway by tomorrow morning.  I'm not missing the sheep and the goats and the alpacas and the fiber!  Today is a low profile day, filled with honey lemon tea and knitting.  I have a new bag.  It makes me smile.
It's a great size for a sock project or maybe a hat -
Not just any old hat - a Carol Sunday hat - Wishbones.  I started this project last winter.  It MIGHT be ready to tuck into my pocket tomorrow.
I am a dedicated Sunday Knits fan.  All of Carol's patterns are so beautifully designed - it's clear that she understands garment construction.  And she knows her fibers!  I like her line very much.  You should go take a look ...


Meanwhile, I'll get out the VapoRub and knit on.  OH!  The monkey cuteness is from Three Bags Full.  They'll be at Rhinebeck too - Bldg C, booth 42.  I've got my eye on some elephants ...

1 comment:

Delisa said...

Hi Jody! I'm so sorry that you are sick, what terrible timing. I hope that you get to go the show tomorrow. Just take it slow. I think it was a really good idea to take the cold remedy tonight, hopefully it will help you to get some quality sleep. Sometimes when I have had to push through a miserable cold, Cepacol throat spray is really helpful. Also saline nose spray or Afrin can help for a couple of hours at a time. It burns a little bit though when the sinus are raw. Maybe you could take a thermos of tea with you tomorrow? Love your new monkey bag! I just got a new knitting bag last week too, it has tea cups and is decorated with a beautiful piece of lacy vintage crochet. I'll have to take a picture and post it. A good knitting bag can inspire great knitting! :) Sleep well and feel better! Delisa :)