Friday, August 20, 2010

RAINY DAYS

Since I missed my daily blogging because of MS-I'M-IN-CHARGE-OF-EVERYTHING-MOTHER-NATURE, I guess it makes good sense to give up the ghost and resume the spotty posting that I'm good at.  I actually liked and looked forward to the daily pages, but fair is fair.  And truthfully, I have to do that yard sale thing again this weekend.  Eeeeewwww.


 I wanted to show you something that I found the other day.  Backing up ever so slightly - when Hilary was a child she used to come up with the most astonishingly articulate and mature expressions.  This should not have come as any surprise since she started speaking at nine months and was forming sentences by 12 months and basically, never stopped conversing after that!  Anyway - when she was about 3 or 4, she woke up one morning to rainy conditions - grey skies and clouds.  She looked at me and said, "Mommy, it's a gloomy day", and that became a Hilarism, something she always mentioned whenever the rain appeared.  To this day, I cannot rise to a 'gloomy' morning without seeing that sweet child in my mind's eye.
Is this fabric wonderful, or what?  And equally fun - a coordinate of raindrops -
Love it.  GREAT shower curtain fabric!  As I send bundles of cotton out to the yard sale tables, I find some satisfaction in clearing the shelves.  I do.  Once bitten by the need to cast out any hoarding instincts, one finds a remarkable calm, a peacefulness.  And the new space?  OMG - soooo much fun to fill up again!  Only kiddin ... sorta.

3 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

Cute fabric. We could do with a few "gloomy days" here in W TX. It's been 23 days of 3 digit temperatures. The grass is yellow/brown.

Paulina said...

I made a whole series of little girl outfits with that fabric. Didi not blog it? I will take pictures tomorrow. I am so out of the loop. I feel like I have fallen off the face of the earth.

Bea said...

That fabric is so cute. I love the raindrops.