Monday, August 9, 2010

DAY 8 in which we celebrate 1 YEAR OF BLOGGING!

Today is The Daily Fiber's first birthday celebration.  One year ago, on a rainy Sunday morning, I sat down in front of my computer and taught myself to blog.  I was an infant blogger then; today I feel like a toddler!  And it's all good.   
Birthday cupcake, courtesy of cousin Lori.  Sometimes she calls me and sings the 'Cuppy Cake' song to me.  This  always brings a smile.  Where would we be without humor and family and love songs?  And friends.  I have made blogging friends throughout this year - connections that I truly treasure.  There have been days when your comments and the sharing of your lives have lifted me and held me in place.  I am so grateful!  I have a treat ...
It's a cherry apron that I made and it's fully lined and ready to go!  Doesn't Hilary look cute in it?  You could get all retro and throw on a red or black bra under it to meet the Mister at the door!  Turn the oven off first!  Another view -  Dog-Approved! I think that this would make a wonderful hostess gift, if you could stand to give it away.
Here's the skinny - you'll need to write to me and leave a comment.  If you have a blog, I'd like to hear what you find most valuable about your blogging.  And if you don't, I'd like to hear what it is in particular that you enjoy about this blog.  I've never done this before, but I suspect that there needs to be a time frame.  I'd like to hear from you all by Friday, August 13.  Uh oh, Friday the 13th!  Maybe I'll have to pump it up and add a spooky prize as well!  
Meanwhile - thank you.  Thank you for following me and leaving your wonderful comments and including me on your journeys.  You've taught me a lot about myself and I've loved learning about you.  


9 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

I recently found your blog from reading Jellidonut's blog. You are a great writer and I enjoy reading your blog.
August is my blog-a-versary too! I must be a toddler also 'cause it has been 2 yrs for me. I started my blog so all my friends I left in MD could keep up with what was going on with my knitting projects. (and a little of what other things I was doing)
What's great about blogging? It keeps your mind young! You have to think about things to write about. Using your brain to come up with interesting ideas and ways to talk about things. I'm learning to creatively take pictures and to think "outside the box!"

sophanne said...

Happy Blogday! I love the friends I've made. You read what people say, find the ones that resonate with you and don't have to worry about those awkward first conversations

JelliDonut said...

Happy Blogversary! Awesome blog, awesome cuppy cake, awesome apron. I love seeing your many skills. Is there anything you can't do? Wishing you many more years of happy blogging.

I blog mostly so my brain won't turn into oatmeal. I'm not sure it's working, but I'm having fun and making new friends. Nobody's threatened to do a Tanya Harding on me yet, so it's all good. I've discovered so many great new bloggers through my own blog--that's probably the best part.

Angie said...

I like to blog so that I can look back for a memory log and remember when our family did things. Just like the silly-ness of our boys and the mattress that they tied to the miniblind cord! Or just randomness of the kids. One day they will be all grown up and I can look back at what we had going on and probably just cry! ;0( For now though I will enjoy telling our family that lives out of town about the kids. :0)

Diana LaMarre said...

What I love about blogging is that it makes me appreciate all the little daily things in my life. I have learned that all the humdrum activities in my day are my life--and should be celebrated. I see everything with a new perspective since I started blogging ---- almost SIX years ago! If you are a toddler in blogging, I must be the senior citizen!

What first caught my eye in your blog was that gorgeous arbor that your husband made. Then I discovered that you quilt, too! I've been coming back almost daily ever since.

And, wow, Hilary looks stunning in that apron!But then she must look great in everything.

Happy Blogiversary, Jody!

Anonymous said...

I love meeting new people...like you!...through my blog. It also provides accountability, so I get something done.

Happy day!

kate said...

Happy 1st Blogiversary Jody!
I am happy to say that you found me or rather my blog first, and have been a wonderful commentor, and happily lead me back to you and your blog, where I have enjoyed getting to know you, your family and your incredible creativity!
Blogging has been a wonderful way for me to "meet" new people like yourself and share the highlights of my rather ordinary life, and even captured some of the low lights, as they are equally important! Blogging has provided me with the most amazing support and encouragement during both times.
Along the way, blogging has given me a place to record the passage of my life, my knitting projects, and anything else I might undertake to learn or wrestle with!
I wish for you many, many more years of happy blogging!

Kay Crandall said...

I have four blogs that I read faithfully every day and yours is always first. I love the pictures you post and I love reading about your projects, pets and family. I don't blog . . . yet. I do "morning pages" every morning and have for the past 13 years and have thought about replacing them with blogging but have no idea where to start . . .or even if I want to start - I can't imagine that anything I write about could be of interest to anyone else. Thank you for blogging!

Jody said...

Kay - send me your email address, will you?