Sunday, August 8, 2010

DAY 7(what, no rest?)

The Cape-Codders returned home, tanned and peaceful.  We were all very happy to see them, some more than others-
He is always at the ready - prepared to offer the gift of a toy.  Every Golden I've ever lived with displays this sweetly generous characteristic - the necessity of having something in the mouth when the People arrive - something, ANYTHING, to offer!  I've been poked with yarn skeins, dirty socks, oh, you just don't want to know!  Anyway, Andrew and Merilee came, offering gifts of their own.  There is a wonderful bookstore in Chatham called 'Where the Sidewalk Ends' and I always try to stop in each season.  This year they went instead and brought back two treasures for me!
This one will get a lot of play.  I need to find ways to pump up the taste with gluten-free cooking.  First glance tells a beautifully photographed story.  And this - one that I have been wanting very much!
There were shells and several precious perfectly intact sand dollars.  It pleases me beyond expression that Andrew took the time to search for these treasures for me.  It makes the not-going to the cape this year bearable.  
I can't hang around this morning because TOMORROW is the first anniversary of The Daily Fiber!!!!  Who knew that this form of writing and journaling would become such an important part of my creative life.  Can't hang around - I have to bake a cake and think of something fabulous to prize you with!  Hint: it will be fiber-y.
Your daily GREEN ...

3 comments:

JelliDonut said...

That's very sweet about Goldens--I had no idea!

I love sand dollars. Can't wait to hear what else you have in store...

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

Where the Sidewalk Ends is one of my favorite bookstores. I just love going in there and poking around. I intend to get there tonight if all goes as planned!

SusanB-knits said...

Nice gifts. I have a few sand dollars from when we lived in FL.