Wednesday, March 17, 2010

THE WEARING OF THE GREEN

No fecking Irish here, sadly, as I love the culture and especially the brogue.  But there IS the wearing of the green.
Tulips - the first sighting.  They are called 'Marguerita' and you will see why in a few weeks.  The Giant Allium has made its way to the surface, along with the rhubarb...
The strawberry leaves have been green for at least a week or more.  But I think that the best part of a spring morning is how happy it makes this fellow -


And another happy sight - the first shirts flapping on the line - a true testimony to Spring's arrival.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely signs of spring here! A nice addition for St. Patty's Day!

Bea said...

oh oh oh!! Dis Gussy. I be you friend. We has same toys!!! I loves thats. I not chase, Abby chase. I chews it. Loves Gussy.

Bea said...

mmm...rhubarb...yum...

MeinSie said...

oooooooo! you make me "homesick" for time, for soil and open grassy space....I suppose I could have gone to Champagne with Stephen but for the want of time and $$$ (!!!) I miss sewing - I bought a cheap Sears model when I moved here to be able to attach bindings to rugs etc...not sure if it could cope with a coat - but am dreaming up some ideas about floaty wool blankets - you inspire me.