Monday, July 16, 2012

every day has its dog

I'm going to miss this boy every day for a long long time.  It's hard for me to accept that he's moved on.  I like to think that he will return in an ever so elevated state - because he was that GOOD.  A swan?  An elephant?


  I made this quilt for my daughter - it was a collaboration - a connection with my vastly talented friend, Linda Hibbert, of Silver Linings Originals.  I sent a photo of our beloved Bubbha, and she designed the portrait of our guy.  Piecing this original pattern was one of the most challenging things that I have ever undertaken.  The end result made me deliriously happy - I wish that you could see the beadwork!




Today my son took this quilt back to his house and hung it over the mantle.  I am touched beyond reason - so very happy and pleased that it will take its place in the home where Bubbha spent his last years.  
Our last photo together, in June.
RIP my friend.  In the words of Leon Russell - "I love you in a place where there's no space or time .."

4 comments:

Suz said...

oh that quilt is truly heavenly
and you know I can see in his eyes that he was that marvelous of a dog...hug

Wendy Luane Barber said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your pooch. You loved him so much. I can't wait to get my own pooch. Thanks for sharing him.

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

I am so sorry about Bubba. I can't imagine and don't want to think about it as I sit with two hot labs on either side of me. You are having one hell of a summer! Take care, try to rest? With pet boarders and moving Moms? Oy!

Chris said...

So sorry for your loss - coming back better than a dog? is there anything better than a dog? Looks like he was a sweet boy.