Monday, January 3, 2011

DIVE BACK IN

Back to work, although we DID pull a lot of overtime hours last week - going into the office in slippers and sweats and calling out for lunch delivery.  There is a mountain of applications waiting to be processed.  My trusty knitting bag will be called into action because one NEEDS to stop and shift one's attention during the day.
I finished a hat and it's drying over a can of coffee.  It was fun, but not what I had envisioned at all.
The Mission Falls 1824 was perfect for this knit and I have enough left over for mitts.  I cast on almost as soon as this one hit the soak, still trying to recreate the Holly Hunter hat.
I'm getting closer.  I've decided that 2011 will see a lot of red fiber.  I have to finish my Anne Hanson 'Hilflowers' and I want to knit a Christmas sweater - one that I can actually wear next year!  Fair isle in red and grey ... nordic theme ... oversized and warm.
These mitts finally dried!  It took the better part of three days for them to be mail- worthy.  I hate to see them go, but they need to be worn - our weather has changed overnight from unseasonably warm to brrrrrrr!  I could hear the snow crunching under the dog's paws this morning as they made their rounds in the dark.  Bring it on!  I love the snow, but save me from the ice.


Here's a peek at what I worked on this weekend -
Flannel receiving blankets and terry-backed bibs -
The sewing mojo is returning!



1 comment:

SusanB-knits said...

Cute hat! and I love the receiving blankets. Glad to hear your sewing mojo is back but hope it doesn't send your knitting mojo away. :)