Tuesday, June 19, 2012

pushing up daisies

The Harley dog decided to "play" with a baby woodchuck who had ventured too far from the safely of his/her den. It didn't work out well for the woodchuck and poor Harley is still wearing his puzzled expression.  I went to the nursery and bought a beautiful shasta daisy.  Baby woodchuck is buried beneath in the herb garden.


It's been an interesting weekend.  My cousin came from Yorktown with his son and they emptied the basement of my mother's house - no small feat by any stretch of the imagination.  My gratitude to them knows no limits.  I came home with more yard ornamentation.  
I have always loved this cherub in my mother's garden.  I do struggle with the notion that it belongs behind in the spot where my mother placed it, but she wants her daughters to enjoy her garden bounty.

4 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

I think it's lovely to have your mother's cherub in your garden.

I smiled about the basement cleaning being no small feat...we all dread the day we have to clean out my MIL's basement. I have never even seen it, but DH says it is worse than those hoarder shows.

JelliDonut said...

I think you did the right thing. The cherub looks happy there.

Loretta a/k/a Mrs. Pom said...

I love your new banner!

Hope you are feeling a little better. I know how hard it is to clean out family houses. I still have vivid dreams about these places that I called home.

Anonymous said...

She does look wonderful there. In your mind's eye you will always picture her first home, where she came from to where she is now.