Thursday, November 4, 2010

YIPPITY YAP

Here's one of my Yippity Yap blocks fashioned into a pillow.  And another, one that resides in the ever-growing unfinished drawer!  I need to get back into that mammoth drawer and pitch a fit!
Isn't it time to be tackling the Christmas projects?  I have a printed panel for a tree skirt that I would really like to complete and use this season.  For the past two years I have hauled it out, looked at it, and replaced it on its shelf in January!  I need to get myself on an internet DIET.  This would involve NOT printing anymore patterns from the glorious websites that I visit daily.  Horrors.
It's always a blast to re-discover these old projects.  This block was created during my Bead Frenzy period.  I used to bead each and every Friday night under the Ott light (until my eyes bled!).  I remember that as a very creative period which ended with new and stronger lens and a fishing tackle box stuffed with beads galore. I still love the effect that mixing beads with fiber has.  And French Knots? NEVER grow tired of them either. Thanks again to Miss Bea at Bah Bah Blacksheep for reminding me that I made these long ago!




2 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Yippity Yap is adorable! In my brief embroidery phase, I loved French Knots above all other stitches. Seriously.

Bea said...

So cute! I really like yours. They are so much more lined up then mine! I'm trying to decide if I'm up for any Christmas projects this year. I guess I better decide soon.