Thursday, March 10, 2011

My sister extended the most wonderful invitation to me and our mom-
And you know, this is one invitation that I cannot refuse!  Of course, one needs to be the perfect guest - one always brings gifts.  It wasn't too difficult to come up with something juicy...  the island, the sea, the evening breezes ...
Maria, over at Passing Down Crazy, had just posted about the abundant virtues of Hand Maiden Sea Silk which was so enticing that I went right to the source and ordered something amazing.  Maria, I just have to say - if you don't seriously curtail your yarny sources, I will never be able to retire. Ok?  And I NEED to retire!
Lovely gorgeous silk being knitted into something delicious and Nantucket-worthy - those cool and rainy June evenings really require this - a wrap for my generous sister - I think that she will like this very much.
This pattern is wonderful and intuitive and not to be passed over.  

3 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

Beautiful yarn for a beautiful shawlette! Have a wonderful visit with your sister.

Anonymous said...

I told you so!!!!! I just finished a project, so I may have to start another Sea Silk shawl. I'm telling you, that stuff is crack for knitters!

Paulina said...

More, where do you find the time? OK. Would you like to come to Oregon? Spring is lovely here! OK. We are gearing up for a tsunami. But that will pass. UM. Spring. Come in the spring. Actually that is bad taste of me to mention the tsunami. It is serious and we are having a warning that it might hit the coast. I am nervous and it should hit while I am still awake and will be watching the news all night. God I hope not. I have finished your project and it won't go out till Monday as our shipping department is too busy this week with the sale. Patience.