Sunday, December 2, 2012

i met a shepherd

The college hosts a crafty Tuesday where local artists can come and display their wares.  Some weeks there are enticing vendors such as the couple that makes 25 varieties of pickles!   Or the apple farmers who bring baked goodies that can move anyone's taste buds to indulgence!  This past week brought a lady shepherd and her really beautiful woven blankets, for starters.


I couldn't pass up these two skeins of chocolate - they were whispering "leg warmers" to me!  The yarn is sold by the ounce and boasts of having absolutely NO knots!  The lady shepherd explained that knots are not welcomed for the weaving of a blanket.  She was preaching to the choir!  


I auditioned buttons for Hilary's tree skirt ...


So much going on here - I was hoping to find some old glass buttons in my stash.  I finally found three quiet green ones.  I think that she will like this very much, especially when she sees the underside!


Hello Kitty never fails to bring a smile.


Morehouse merino mitts that need my attention (these were started in 2011, opps!).  I rarely buy kits, but Morehouse has delightful offerings, you should check them out if you haven't already.  Theirs is some of the most delicious merino around - it was a sad day in NYS when they closed their shop doors.  Some things aren't meant to change!


A holiday banner would be pretty -


When I was in my twenties I was wild for cross stitch.  These holiday place mats popped up when we were moving my mother, and I brought them home.  As with everything else, she kept them in impeccable condition.  I wonder if she actually used them for herself and dad.

They will grace the holiday table this year and bring a smile or two, and certainly memories of a time gone by.  

2 comments:

Wendy Luane Barber said...

Lovely yarn! I can't wait to see those leg warmers. Wonderful tree skirt too. You've been busy. I love it. Maybe some of that will rub off on me. Have a wonderful December and Happy Holidays.

Suz said...

just lovely